Boxes got left on my doorstep and I tore apart my car (56k WARNING!)

BennyBlown2v

Dec 9, 2004
Carmel, INdiana
All this stuff was just sitting outside my house today!

DSCN3391.JPG

Panhard bar, XD control arms (no spring perch w/ swaybar mount), coilovers, bilstein shocks for coilovers, 200lb hypercoil springs, pinion snubber.
DSCN3393.JPG

I also got this on eBay.... VERY sexy!
DSCN3394.JPG

DSCN3397.JPG

Ok now I said I tore the car apart... I used to have a 04 Cobra IRS with coilovers and other junk...but now it looks like this
DSCN3368.JPG

DSCN3367.JPG

Heres whats going in...
DSCN3369.JPG

LOL well ok yeah it looks like ****...but then I sand blasted it (with my friends help!)
DSCN3373.JPG

DSCN3375.JPG

DSCN3377.JPG

Next I primed it (just the first coat). Finally I will paint it black tomorrow!
DSCN3387.JPG

Oh yeah, and I got this thing the other day too ;)
DSCN3388.JPG

Been doing a bit of welding as seen here... Don't mind the slag, I'm using flux core right now as I haven't had time to go pickup some Co2/Argon heh :nice:
DSCN3384.JPG

Waddya think??? :D All of it will be going in Friday/Saturday/Sunday (hopefully just one or two days) - I'll be sure to post more pics if anybody is interested heh.

• Sponsors (?)

Quick update, after taking everything outa the box for the exhaust...i realized it was for a f'ing cobra w/ IRS! I JUST SOLD ONE OF THESE E:GU:SEFJ:SHG!:LJSKG:LKSJDF! Now I have to contact the seller and probably file a paypal claim - on the ebay add it said for "Mach 1 99-04 Mustang" and the picture it showed was a GT catback...needless to say this is a lame set back...

I do however have a welder...so I htink i'm going to buy some steel stock and make an exhaust hanger and tac it to the mid pipe, just run open header dumps till I can get another stinger catback that will actually FIT.

tomustang said:
you turned back to Live?

Yeah. It really was a hard decision...but the IRS was just too stiff for drag, and I wanted a more versitile setup where I wouldn't contantly have to change toe, ride height, spring rate, and bump settings every time I wanted to do a different event. Plus, I've been dragging the car ALOT this summer...only attended one autox... Also I'm more used to a solid rear in a RWD platform - it's much more predictible to me.

94GTStang said:
Hawt damn that looks good! Nothing like spending a little extra cash on the car huh?

Haha thanks! Actually after selling the IRS and coilovers I'm only spending money on the catback! ...which is the wrong one gotta return it erg (paypal claim here I come! MERH). I think i'm gonna spend a bit more though and get an 03/04 cobra spoiler...all the looks of wingless with a bit more flare I suppose.

Lol they are in my Dads basement. Maximum Motorsports Full length subs to be exact :nice: I've had them for three months, was just saving up for the welder to do them myself ;) All of the places I got quoted at wanted like 200-300 bucks just to install the damn things, and all of my car-friends with welders were too busy over the summer... So I got my own ;)