Brake cleaner on MAF sensor - OK?

• Sponsors (?)

no no no. don't use that stuff or carb cleaner or throttle body cleaner on your maf. I know advance auto parts sells maf cleaner I don't remeber the brand of hand but it says it on the can, you can also use electric parts cleaner just spray it to clean don't scrub the wire or it will wreck it, don't touch it either. these things are delicate and the calibration goes out quick. I know of guys that have wrecked thier mafs doing cleaning them with brake cleaner and carb cleaner, I have use eletric parts cleaner for years, let me look in my garage for the name of the maf cleaner.

I've used brake cleaner a number of times on different MAFs, but you need the non-chlorinated kind if you are going to use it. I wouldn't put carb cleaner on it. If you can find MAF cleaner or electronics cleaner, but if not the non-chl brake cleaner will work just fine. I would not recommend touch the wire at all. Super fragile.

ok. thanks guys, i think i cleaned it with brake cleaner before once because i heard it was ok... but i'm throwing a maf voltage too low code, so maybe i'll try the electric parts cleaner now. $6 won't kill me i guess! i live in canada, and have never seen maf cleaner once in any auto store up here... and i frequent them VERY often.