Brake distribution block/prop valve

NasaGT

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2002
Virginia
The oem brake distribution block on our 87' LX is leaking on the very front of the block. Can this be repaired?

I can't seem to find a replacement part. This car is almost completely stock and I'd like to keep it that way. If it can't be repaired, where can I get a replacement part?

I can't find one anywhere. :( Several of the OEM Ford parts websites lists a "Pressure metering valve", but everytime I try to order parts like this from them they take the order and then reply two days later that they don't have the part any longer.

Before someone suggests it, I don't want to install a race/track prop valve. I'll hit the junkyards before I do that.

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Leaking from the nut at the front?

There is an O-ring internally on that nut. It's prob failing and can be replaced. What size it is? I don't know, but it's prob a standard O-ring dash number you can order from McMaster-Carr. It just needs to be compatible with brake fluid

Leaking from the nut at the front?

There is an O-ring internally on that nut. It's prob failing and can be replaced. What size it is? I don't know, but it's prob a standard O-ring dash number you can order from McMaster-Carr. It just needs to be compatible with brake fluid

Yes, leaking from the nut at the front. I was hoping it would be as easy as replacing a seal of some kind. I haven't opened it up yet, but I will now that I know its something simple like that.

Thanks for the info!

Just to follow up - I took the nut off (which has a spring behind it) and replaced the two o-rings on the nut. Looks like no more leak.

The bad news was when I went to bleed the brakes I broke off the bleeder screw in the right rear wheel cylinder. :( Couldn't get the broken screw out, even heating it up wouldn't get it loose. Fortunately NAPA had a rear wheel cylinder in stock. Adv.Auto and Autozone didn't carry them anymore. I was really suprised by that.

Thanks again everyone!

hey, sorry to open an old thread back

the nut on the front of my distribution block was leaking too... i took it off and saw the internal spring and all that jazz but why does the nut have a hole in the front.... weird