Brake Issue On 2001 Gt

txbass06

Sep 26, 2016
Just picked the car up knowing it had a few issues. One being the brakes were metal to metal on the front drivers side. Replaced pads and rotors on both sides and the drivers caliper locked up. Swapped it out and now I've got no pedal at all. Tried bleeding the system but ran out of time. Should I try bleeding it at the master cylinder or just replace it and be done?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Being that only drivers side went metal to metal leads to sticky piston in caliper. If you didn't disrupt anything in master cylinder normally you don't have to bleed it. That being said, I would have an assistant pump pedal, crack each line at master cylinder, see if you get clean fluid. Sometimes what happens if you compress the pistons on calipers without removing m/c cap, or cracking caliper bleeder, can rupture a master cylinder. Before replacing master cylinder check all hose, lines, make sure nothings cracked, or leaking. If after bleeding thoroughly still no pedal. You might have to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got a chance to work on it and got it figured out. Flushed and bled the system and got my pedal back and now she'll stop on a dime. Had just enough time to drive around and check them before the heater hose nipple broke off my intake manifold...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk