Electrical Brake Light Switch

• Sponsors (?)

Here's what it looks like

Attachments

• 20171104_200827.jpg
    20171104_200827.jpg
    559.7 KB · Views: 126
Wow, this is a real head shaker.
Take a test light and hold it to the wire that has power and the test light should light up, touch the other wire to it while still connected to the test light, see it the test light gos out

I guess I don't know what I'm doing I set it on 20 touched one wire and fluctuate 12 -15 and touch another says .03
The 20 setting is ok, I don't understand what wire got the .03.
What I'm try'n to find out is are you loosing power when you activate the switch, when you touch the two wires together, by passing the switch, your brake lights should light up, if you loose power when you touch the two wires together this will tell us what to do next.

I'm starting to wonder if I should be assessing relays and pull up the engine fuse box to look for broken wires. When I have checked voltage on those I got 12.1 to 12.4. I can't tell if the relays are bad since none click putting them back in place.

I'm starting to wonder if I should be assessing relays and pull up the engine fuse box to look for broken wires. When I have checked voltage on those I got 12.1 to 12.4. I can't tell if the relays are bad since none click putting them back in place.
FWIIW, the brake light circuit is NOT controlled by any relays. The circuit is feed from an "always on" F2.33 fuse. So the brakes will work even with the key off. No relays at all.

In the picture posted what is the gray two wire connector near the steering shaft connected to? What are the wire colors?

What are the wire colors the pig tail has been "spliced" to?

As for not finding a good ground. Did you try the door jam post? Or at worst case use a long piece of wire as a jumper going all the way back to battery negative.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user