Brake Lines for TC Axle Swap Help

ThinBlue502

Mustang Master
May 7, 2019
Ohio
Howdy y’all!

Been working this axle swap for a minute, and I’ve got about 90% of my components gathered, but I’ve really hit a wall with the brake lines.
I see “disk swap brake line kits” on LMR, ebay, etc. but I don’t want to buy more than I need, or buy the wrong stuff.
This swap is going on a ‘93 LX with a factory v8. I’m using a ‘93 Cobra MC and everything else is off an ‘88 Turbo Coupe, if that makes a difference. Any directional support appreciated. Pic of said axle in process of mild rebuild. Thanks in advance friends.
34E65451-BBC7-4E01-8D20-3047E4F3B03C.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_0511.JPG IMG_0512.JPG IMG_0513.JPG IMG_0732.JPG

I used Lincoln LS calipers with SN flex lines and then plumbed new tubing (cooper nickel) to OEM center splitter (same part as drum brakes). Looking at the threads for the banjo bolt on the TC calipers, you could do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
IMG_0511.JPG IMG_0512.JPG IMG_0513.JPG IMG_0732.JPG

I used Lincoln LS calipers with SN flex lines and then plumbed new tubing (cooper nickel) to OEM center splitter (same part as drum brakes). Looking at the threads for the banjo bolt on the TC calipers, you could do the same.
I had read that SN lines were compatible, thank you for the confirmation.

The SN95 lines should work, but never confirmed. LMR sells a rear drum to disk hardline kit meant to work with 94-95 rear soft lines. It looks compatible, but not having done it myself wuth t bird disks I can’t confirm personally

The SN95 lines should work, but never confirmed. LMR sells a rear drum to disk hardline kit meant to work with 94-95 rear soft lines. It looks compatible, but not having done it myself wuth t bird disks I can’t confirm personally
I was actually referring to that exact kit but didn’t mention it by name. I think I’ll just have to make a phone call to LMR.
I think it’ll work as well, from my understanding, I’m regard to rear disk brakes, 88 TC = 93 Cobra = SN95 and should meet up at the rear union.

Also, I just this morning read your post regarding using the SN95 PV adapter. I’m thinking I’m going to go that route.

Thank you for your input sir.

Last edited:
I was actually referring to that exact kit but didn’t mention it by name. I think I’ll just have to make a phone call to LMR.
I think it’ll work as well, from my understanding, I’m regard to rear disk brakes, 88 TC = 93 Cobra = SN95 and should meet up at the rear union.

Also, I just this morning read your post regarding using the SN95 PV adapter. I’m thinking I’m going to go that route.

Thank you for your input sir.

If you really want to be sure before you find out, head to your local auto parts store and grab a rear soft line setup for a 94-95 Mustang. Test fit and and see if the banjo end will reach the caliper. If it does, you can buy a 2nd one (or return it and get some nice ones like the MM SS lines) and the rear brake like kit

This is the SN95 setup., but having a line in hand will give you an idea of it's going to work

2-27-09046.jpg

Mustang5L5... what is that rotor from. I thought SN rear rotors were solid, not vented.
Cobra's are vented, v6 are not, not sure about gt's, but i'd say not.
You can actually take the v6 bracket and a chop saw with a metal blade and cut down the v6 bracket into a cobra bracket (suggested by the guy at north race cars brackets).