brake question.

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
i drove the 86 today. ( love it ) and the brakes go straight to the floor. and it has some brakes. it been like this since 04. weak booster? tried bleeding them. didn't help at all.

• Sponsors (?)

If you pu,p the brake pedal..does it build up?

I'm guessing bad master cylinder

no. nonthing. pushing the brake peddle down is easier then pushing the gas peddle down lol.

Could be a bad master cylinder, a bad caliper, or a bad wheel cylinder in the drums. Take off the wheels and look for leaks. If you dont find any it probably just has a bad master cylinder.

when the wheels were off when we bleed them there was no leaks.

The same thing happened to mine, and i am in the process of flushing the brake lines. my brake fluid was jet-****in black. Ive heard old, cruddy brake fluid can cause the MC to "internally bypass". For the $7 in brake fluid and an hour bleeding them, i figured its worth a shot.

When you bled your brakes, did you just bleed what was already in there, and refill, or did you flush? is the fluid super cruddy black, or nice and clean yellowish? Might try flushing, like me, before pointing the finger at the MC.

The same thing happened to mine, and i am in the process of flushing the brake lines. my brake fluid was jet-****in black. Ive heard old, cruddy brake fluid can cause the MC to "internally bypass". For the $7 in brake fluid and an hour bleeding them, i figured its worth a shot.

When you bled your brakes, did you just bleed what was already in there, and refill, or did you flush? is the fluid super cruddy black, or nice and clean yellowish? Might try flushing, like me, before pointing the finger at the MC.

well it was a little dirty. but not horrible. and we bleed them till we got as much as the old fulid out as we could.