Brake System Light in Dash

I was driving home earlier tonight and saw in my 69 Mustang, the Brake System light came on for the first time. I recently just had a new master cylinder put in and the brakes gone over. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the Brake System light means.

• Sponsors (?)

PS2Gamer1988 said:
I was looking around and I didn't see any wires loose or anything, maybe someone could help me in a little more detail? I'm somewhat new to cars so I don't know too much yet.

First you have to figure out what is turning the light on.

reach down under the master cylinder to the thing that looks like a junction box, it has a wire plugged into it, pull the wire off and see if the light goes out.

if it does, you could have a brake fluid leak, inspect all your brake lines and wheel cylinders.

If it stays on, go under the dash to the ebrake pedal mechanism and pull the wire off of that. if that puts the light out, the ebrake pedal is not returning all the way, could be rusty cables or the ebrake may be out of adjustment.

let us know how you make out

PS2Gamer1988 said:
I was driving home earlier tonight and saw in my 69 Mustang, the Brake System light came on for the first time. I recently just had a new master cylinder put in and the brakes gone over. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the Brake System light means.

Do what Worth said to find the source for the lamp to light.
If it comes from the prop block under the master cyl, there is an imbalance in the system pressure.
This will light the lamp to let you know there is a problem.
Sometimes when Brake work is done like your master replaced,
The fluid pressure is not Equal on both sides of the block.
even after bleeding the wheep cyls.
A Bleed from the master cyl will recenter the pin in the block and the light will go out.

It takes a SLOW pressure bleed off from eather the front or rear on the master to allow the pin to move to center.
with key in the on position and a watchful helpers eye on the light.

PB