brakes sound weird...

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
ok when i'm driving, at a stop sign or a stop light, i'll be in drive with the foot on the brake so i dont rear end anyone. When i start to go, the brakes sound like they are still pressed on the rotor. That "unnn" sound.

What could this be?

• Sponsors (?)

Coming from the front? Take the calipers apart and lubricate the bolts they slide on. The calipers should slide easily side to side, as they are the "floating" kind (piston(s) are only on one side so the caliper must move to bring the other pad into engagement).

Also apply disc brake quiet grease at all the contact points between the brake pads and caliper, so the grease deadens vibrations before it ever gets into the caliper. Don't get grease on the pads or rotors, of course.

Yup ... I had the same problem a while ago ... Do what Ray said .. take everything apart ... regrease bearings etc, clean everything up, bleed the lines and throw it all back together ... lol and as he said keep the grease off the rotors! It's no fun having to take it all apart again to clean everything off.