Brand new FRPP 3.73's have broken teeth! Need advice!!

had my FRPP 3.73 racing gears put in on May 17th, this past Friday, my rearend went out. mechanic pulled the diff cover off, and there were broken teeth on the brand new ring gear.

this was a brand new ring gear and pinion from FRPP, and we used a brand new motive bearing kit, with Purple Royal 75W-30 gear oil. I bought the entire kit from AmericanMuscle.com

need a good recommendation on a better gear.

I was looking for Dana 3.73's, but everywhere I've called says they don't make them????

So I was wondering what do the pro's use when running upwards of 1000+ hp to handle the power?

are Richmond Gears any good?????

I don't want cheap FRPP parts again, I want the good stuff, so I know it won't break again.

The gears were also installed by my mechanic who is Ford Master Certified and has done many gear install jobs, and he said this wasn't an install error, and it wasn't from driver abuse.

• Sponsors (?)

Everything I've ever heard about gears indicates that FRPP gears are the "good stuff". They are heat treated, and supposedly significantly stronger than other brands such as Motive, Richmond, etc. I don't know anything other than what I've heard from others, so take it with a grain of salt.

I have never heard of anyone having trouble with the FRPP gearsets either. Sounds like an install issue to me. There are quite a few high hp cars around here still using the 8.8 rear with Ford Racing gears and they don't even have problems. By high hp, I mean 5-600 hp cars.

I really like the Motive Performance Plus series gear. Light wieght and really hold up to alot of "hey lets see what this thing can do" kinda friends. But as for the FRPP gears, I would think several things could be the result of their failure, but I've never seen a problem out of them when set up correctly. Can you return them as a manufacturer defect?

Nothing is wrong with your gears....who ever installed them F'd up big time.

FRPP gears are the best. Motive makes FRPP Gears and the FRPP Gears and Motive gears are exactly the same.

FRPP gears are OEM Goods.... everyone who runs them doesnt have a problem. I have FRPP 3.73 and my Stock Diff went out and the gears were still 100% perfect.

The person who installed your gears ******* up so slap him in the face.

Nothing is wrong with your gears....who ever installed them F'd up big time.

FRPP gears are the best. Motive makes FRPP Gears and the FRPP Gears and Motive gears are exactly the same.

FRPP gears are OEM Goods.... everyone who runs them doesnt have a problem. I have FRPP 3.73 and my Stock Diff went out and the gears were still 100% perfect.

The person who installed your gears ******* up so slap him in the face.

+1000000000000000000000
Just don't take them back to the same people.

unfortunately for me, it's not FRPP's faulty gears, and wasn't my mechanics faulty installation. should a put a new differential in from the start.

well my mechanic was pulling the gears and traction-lok out today, and the tracktion-lok was locked up, and caused 3 of the bolts that hold the ring gear to the traction-lok to vibrate loose, which is the reason the teeth on the gears were missing. so I need a new traktion-lok, but I have no idea what to get. might as well beef it up, and make it worth my while.

so I need to know what do I get? (please provide a link if you can).

thanks in advance

My trac-lock started to go out but i caught the issue before any BS started to occur.

Instead of buying a new T-Lok, i bought a Auburn HD LSD and i have been 100% satisfied on the how the car drives since.