Broke antenna off in base **help plz**

kosmos

Dec 15, 2008
Ok so my antenna broke off today

i was able to pull the antenna out of the base but** the screw part at the bottom of the 6" antenna is still screwed into the base close to the bottom so i cant unscrew it so what can I do, I tried to use another antenna but since theirs half a screw down in the base i cant get a new antenna to thread into the base till I can get the broken OFF screw out of the base, If u held ur antenna up at the bottom theirs threads will 1/4 of those threads are buried in my base, so I have no idea how to unscrew it out or maybe i could just take a drill and try and break it up i dont know what to do please help

• Sponsors (?)

You are better off just getting a new one from LMR. Its super easy to replace by just removing the cowl grill. The antenna is only $45 with the base. The fender metal is so thin that when I put just a little pressure on the base with my reverse bit that it was warping and I could just see if I kept going that I would hurt it.

get a small drill bit and what is called an "easy out" drill a small hole in the remaining broken part and the easy out reverse screws into the hole and then you just unscrew the easy out couple drops of pb blaster or something similar will help when you get to the unscrewing part. any good hardware store guy will help you with what you need.

You visit a carwash lol?

whenever i had to extract them @ former work i had good success using a Grabit set, you can get them at home depot under a different name too Order Here!
Yes when the wash machine rips it off you can usually get the base out but sometimes (for some reason I though this was one) the antenna breaks cause it was put on too tight or from corrosion and the tip is so stuck in there that it takes too much pressure to do it safely :shrug: Thats how mine was :( Could see the green/white specks in there that locked it up. And I did let it soak over night in PB blast :shrug: