Broke two lower intake bolts off into the block....what to do?

• Sponsors (?)

same thing happened to me when i reused the old bolts, if you have not installed new bolts go to the hardware store with an old bolt, match it up and ensure you get grade 8 bolts the old bolts i bought a set for about $4 the 0ld bolts were streched on mine and im sure they were on yours too.... but i removed mine by removing lower intake and there was just enough of the stud sticking up to use a pair of needle nose plyers to remove.. heres a link that might be helpful The Art of Extraction http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/may2003/techtotech.htm

Don't worry.. worst case scenario ... the will need to be drilled out and re-tapped probably with a larger screw or maybe the same size... not that big of a deal.. definitely a real pain though..

those are a bitch to get out.....and by the time you do, usually the threads in the head are fubar'd

fyi, on that front one nearest the thermostat, the hole in the head goes all the way through. go to the parts store (if the threads are stripped out in the head)

and pick up a longer bolt and a nut, and you can nut that intake bolt from the bottom of the head.

I'm not sure if that will work in the back of the head or not.....good chance it doesn't overhang the block.

if it doesn't, I wouldn't drill that bolt out, because the intake bolt hole goes down into the intake valley, and you'll get metal shavings in the intake valley which will destroy your motor.

If that's the case, pull the heads and fix/upgrade/replace as necessary.