Broken cam gear

• Sponsors (?)

Need some help asap

Car was running perfect .stopped 4 red light .green came i hit gas and car felt like it blewup its pinging loud and no power .it starts backup with no problem , my quick guess is coil/plugs . Any one have idea

Any leaks, oil in the water or vice versa?
Pull the plugs and see if there is any phyisical dammage.

Found broken cam gear! Just had heads done.im not blaming shop , looks like a part that could go at any time.have 2 pull cover to retrive keyway. The other half of gear is wedged behind the timing guide .not touching chain.it broke at idle,i had no choice but to keep it running ,i was in a 6 lane both directions.im worried about the valves they had to hit pistons?

This was on passenger side head.the otherside has 2 big marks from valves on cyl 6.did a compression ck to find problem.driver side was 180 all 4 of them.the marks can be seen by eye with piston up and good light.

The passengerside shows no sign of hitting the other side has marks .im on a low to no budget!can i remove oilpan and spray it down or is that wasting my time?

This should really all be in one post. Can a mod combine these posts?

At the very least I would have the heads both gone through by a good shop. chances are good you have bent valves. How deep are the moons in the pistons? You can flush it all out and hope for the best but it is a grnade with the pin pulled. It will go off. just a matter of when.

New follow up .headshop repaired valves ,and covered new gaskets and bolts , reimbursed me for the 3 new camgears and adjuster.um the guy had the balls to tell me that this wouldnt happen to a real mechanic,i had to give a copy of fords step by step instructions to prove him wrong.

They hit just like I thought they would. What do you mean clean the bottom end? If it was my motor I would do a full rebuild. But thats just me.
I totally agree, but he may not have the funds to cover the cost.

New follow up .headshop repaired valves ,and covered new gaskets and bolts , reimbursed me for the 3 new camgears and adjuster.um the guy had the balls to tell me that this wouldnt happen to a real mechanic,i had to give a copy of fords step by step instructions to prove him wrong.
Take his comments with a grain of salt and then move on. You're lucky they agreed to help you at all really. Now make sure you never use that shop again!

Can you explain how the head shop repaired bent valves? Or were they replaced?

U.M.

Thanks um . The shop installed 4 new intake valves .Russel Duffin out of sa texas was the shop who did the work .russ is top notch .idt he would have refunded me with out a fight if i was at fault.should have car together on sunday

I am woried about thoes pistons though. You said there is pretty visable dammage to them? I do believe they are already the weak point in our engines. Gonna have to be extra careful not to boost in 5th or 6th :shrug: