Engine Broken Water Pump Bolts

So 3 bolts broke in my water pump removal. 2 are inside the timing cover and 1 can be used to hold the water pump up lmao. How do I get these out without removing crankshaft to get the timing cover off? Engine is already pulled and on a stand I just really don't feel like going back down to crank shaft right now lol. I will if I have too but I really don't wanna haha

• Sponsors (?)

Your just gonna have to suck it up and yank the balancer off. The electrolysis eats those bolts up, when you put it back together use anti seize on the bolt shafts, you can buy the bolts new

Reactions: 1 user
It likely wasn't the previous owner, more than likely "corrosion welding." Aluminum parts, steel bolts, and a little road-salt (or old coolant) and you're breaking parts to get them off. Had to cut my starter off a while back.

Thanks everyone I got the bolts to finally not break :D

New question for anyone looking!

Does anyone know where the shift linkage on a AOD transmission bolts up to? I got the plate installed and the wire thing spot. But the bracket that holds the wire up I can't find :(

Also when connecting the wiring harness back to the O2s and Starter Motor where does the grounds go? I have one on each side(next to starter and driver side). Almost done getting this car back together and the "friends" I had helping me lost some bolts and positions where stuff went :bang:

Thanks everyone I got the bolts to finally not break :D

New question for anyone looking!

Does anyone know where the shift linkage on a AOD transmission bolts up to? I got the plate installed and the wire thing spot. But the bracket that holds the wire up I can't find :(

Also when connecting the wiring harness back to the O2s and Starter Motor where does the grounds go? I have one on each side(next to starter and driver side). Almost done getting this car back together and the "friends" I had helping me lost some bolts and positions where stuff went :bang:
Are you dealing with the bracket on the trans for the shift cable?
Possible pic?