Brooksspeed 91 tune vs Bama 91 tq vs Bama 91 race.

I went to the 1/8 mile track today and tested Brooksspeed 91 tune against Bamas 91 race and 91 tq. The DA today was 2850 to 2900' Here are the fastest times of each tune today:
Brookssped 60' 1.996
E.T 8.887
MPH 81.046

Bama 91tq 60' 2.2035
E.T 9.105
MPH 81.219

Bama 91 Race 60' 2.011
E.T 8.809
MPH 81.193

With everything being equal these tunes run close to the same time. I almost find it inconclusive on which tune is the best. The race tune was the most difficult to launch; although I was having problems with the tq tune. Brooksspeed seemed easier to launch.

• Sponsors (?)

Everything I have read about the bama race tune, I imagine it is quite difficult to launch with. Seems its better suited for auto trans...... but, wtf do I know, I dont have it.

patrick

Everything I have read about the bama race tune, I imagine it is quite difficult to launch with. Seems its better suited for auto trans...... but, wtf do I know, I dont have it.

patrick

The race tune can be a PITA to launch. At the line it's hard to hold the RPMs around 2500 to 3000 RPMs. It wants to rev higher. Today is the 1st day I got sub 9s with the race tune. Brooksspeed's tune seemed easier to launch.

The race tune is a little more difficult to launch because of the throttle response it wants to take off a little too quick. Also at the line it likes to rev high, I was having a difficult time holding the RPMs down to 2500 to 3000 RPMs. Now if you have sticky tires this wouldn't be a problem.