Bucking and jerking problem...

I just bought a 99 GT 5sp with 70k. I got it at a local dealer and I dont know of any mods yet. Well it bucks and jerks at highway RPM's almost like a miss and it hesitates like if you shift to 2nd and floor it, then it picks up a lot of power a few seconds later. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I called this morning and told them, they sold me a warranty and they told to just take it to a shop closer to me and if there was additional charges they would take care of it. But what could be wrong?
What are COP(s)?

svttech76 said:
as randy said I would not trust them on taking it to another shop.. read your warrenty you bought and get that in writing from them..

BTW I also think it's secondary ignition related.. most likey plugs and maybe a COP.
+1 Sounds like your plugs need to be replaced or one or more bad COP's.
If it is your plugs use Motorcraft replacements or Autolite plugs.

Hopefully the dealership will help you out. On used cars, 99% of the time they are sold "as-is", and the warranty's they do sell are from third-part companies. So once you take ownership, they've washed their hands of the deal. And the warranty's they sell are typicall a scam, and never pay out for anything by weaseling out of it under the fine print.

Is there any chance it could something in my trans(5sp) or my clutch slipping? I only ask this because the RPMs dont's change or anything when the problem starts and it has Flowmasters on it and the tone never changes or gets choppy when the jerking starts, so i figured it might not be an engine problem. Either way I'll start with the COPs and plugs just to know I have new ones in there. Thanks guys for any info.