Progress Thread Budget 89 GT

• Sponsors (?)

ok.... ill try a pump first. at full boost t should go to 45 i would think since there wouldnt be any vac.

i was reading through my manual last night trying to remember if i could only use low or high impedance injectors on the microsquirt

ive seen some people run a 450 or twin 450s and make their own hat for the stock fuel tank before. i shouldnt need all that tho.

maybe one day ill get a 351 and make some big power.

i think on3 sells and aftermarket hat as well

ive seen some people run a 450 or twin 450s and make their own hat for the stock fuel tank before. i shouldnt need all that tho.

maybe one day ill get a 351 and make some big power.

i think on3 sells and aftermarket hat as well
They do but you have to use the 03-04 cobra tank to use it. They have a different hat for triple fuel pumps.

Reactions: 1 user
getting everything ironed out again...

now im looking into c4 swaps.... i dont really like auto cars but it seems like it would be and upgrade if im looking to go faster in the 1/4. right now im losing a lot of steam in between gears....

anyone on here switched from manual to auto that can chime in?

@a91what can you look at these and tell me if you see anything weird. car runs really good. at about 4800 and up it starts to break up almost like a fuel problem. only other thing i could think of is like a valve train problem? thing is a monster now.....

wondering if the injectors need to be swapped. i already swapped the pump like we said. looks like it asking for some fuel mid way in the rpm range when i hardly ever drive under boost. didnt want to touch anything till you looked at it.

Attachments

• 2019-08-07_20.23.52.msl
    5.1 MB · Views: 115
  • CurrentTune.msq
    120 KB · Views: 187
getting everything ironed out again...

now im looking into c4 swaps.... i dont really like auto cars but it seems like it would be and upgrade if im looking to go faster in the 1/4. right now im losing a lot of steam in between gears....

anyone on here switched from manual to auto that can chime in?
What are you looking for? It's like you've said already. Itll be faster when you dump the manual trans.

ive already figured out the C4 part of it. ill probably wait till this winter to do that. might have converter questions at some point. right now im just trying to figure out why this car is still breaking up at the top end of the RPM range. wondering if its injector or something or if im floating valves or what. im wondering if i need to move to 60# injectors now..