Progress Thread Budget 89 GT

Alright guys I need suggestions. After I started the car up and let it warm up I have collating running out of one of my head studs. Anyone have any easy fixes. This really sucks. I didn’t put and sealant on the bolts as they only want you to put the arp grease on them. It’s the 2nd or 3rd from the front on the passenger side

• Sponsors (?)

i put the grease on the bottom part going into the block.i guess its a good thing only one of them were leaking.

maybe i put enough grease on all the other ones to make it not leak. ive seen some guys around here use ball joint grease on big block chevy head bolts to seal them off from coolant.

as i read that...... i guess i dont know if the bolts on the inside of the valve covers are leaking or not

The lower ones go into the coolant jackets, the upper ones don't... I used the ARP lube on my uppers head bolts, and the white liquid permatex Teflon stuff you brush on, on the bottom ones...

Reactions: 1 user
ok so.... the upper ones in the valve covers do not go into the water jackets? if so you may have just made my stomach ache go away.

im sitting here trying to find a diagram of where the wet studs are but they all look to be on the bottom bolts near the exhaust ports.

ok so.... the upper ones in the valve covers do not go into the water jackets? if so you may have just made my stomach ache go away.

im sitting here trying to find a diagram of where the wet studs are but they all look to be on the bottom bolts near the exhaust ports.

yes, only the lower (shorter bolts) get thread sealant, since they go into the coolant area) the upper (longer head bolts get the ARP lube....

Sounds like you're having all types of fun over there.

First starts always make me nervous.

We need a video....

lol... i got it all back together. got my fans wired in and backed it outside last night and let it warm up to make sure the fans would kick on and they did. i set the fenders back on it and am gonna try and get some of the front back together now so it actually looks like a car. its still hunting pretty good at idle but i havent played with it much since i found the head bolt problem. its coming together now tho.
once the fronts back together ill have to swap the pump out.

0A3D113F-A17D-46FF-918C-0173F63A4FCB.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
ok so has anyone ran into a problem wiring electric fans where it keep blowing a fuse.

I have two fans. on one relay. getting the power from the AC relay (that isn't used anymore) its ground activated from the Micro Squirt. they run for about 3 mins then the fuse pops.

should I ground each fan seperatly or do you think I need a relay per fan? with separate power sources and the same trigger wire???

any input is helpful

as it sets now I have both fan ground on one ground to the core support