Progress Thread Budget 89 GT

• Sponsors (?)

Well... just waiting on some new LSD parts.....

Reactions: 3 users
Before you buy any head, You're gonna need to pay specific attention to what your CR is based on the flattop piston. A head with a 58cc chamber will probably yield a pretty high static cylinder pressure.
( I miscalculated my chamber volume, and now am living with a 10.7:1 CR) there was seemingly nothing I could do on pump gas to control detonation. ( I take the 5th on not knowing that,...it's not like there's a whole lot of info out there on a 1980 head for an Australian Ford 6 banger)
In spite of that, a high compression ratio isn't the end of the world....Steve, a few others, and I are using water-meth injection instead of an A2A intercooler ( which does nothing to increase octane) the water meth cools the intake charge, bumps the octane of pump gas, and is cheap ( water, and -20* windshield washer fluid mixed 50/50)

However...Choosing The right head chamber volume before you buy based on your bottom end specs will make the difference here

yeah i used to have a couple turbo mopars and i had snow performance meth kits on them. they were a blast. im gonna look more into it here shortly ive been fighting my differential now im pretty sure some of the side pieces on the friction plates are broke off so im rebuilding the whole unit.

you are out of I/O on the MicroSquirt... now if you want to add more stuff to it I have an option for you its a solution under $100, you just have to be willing to build the circuits for it.. or if your not comfortable doing that i could build them for you on a breadboard to make it easy.