Build a 2008 Mustang Online?

I was at the local dealership today to see what the new features of the '08 looks like. Like the HID headlights and the Ambient Lighting inside and the new colors that replaced last years colors. Anyway, there was a new Black GT/CS outside and it was an '08 with two of the new features being the HID and Ambient Lights. I really really really liked the way the HID lights looked in the dusk. It made the car so much more menacing. It was more of a glow than a light, from the front looking back that is. Inside the car was much better in terms of visability. Anyway, my question to the dealer was that I was looking to build an '08, maybe a GT/CS, maybe just a GT, but I wanted to do it online so that I could be in control of the options. He said that was possible right on Fords website and that they had been getting orders online for a couple months. I said that I had visited their site and couldn't find anything related to building an '08 Stang. He said I must of just overlooked it. Any idea how to do this if it's even possible yet? I know you can't order anymore 2007s so why keep it on their site?! Thanks for the input!

• Sponsors (?)

That IS strange! That site has all the right options (or so it appears), yet Ford Corporate hasn't updated their own site!

I'm ordering my GT today, but had to pick and choose out of the '08 brochure. :notnice: Online is much easier.

~SM

I wonder if Ford will match Chrysler with a lifetime warranty on the 08.

No, because Ford isn't having any major powerplant/driveline problems. I didn't have any with my Magnum, but I know a lot of people had transmission and engine problems with the LX cars (300, Charger, Magnum), so they did a lifetime warranty to save face. I'm sure especially since the 300 and earned so much praise.