build help

FullOfRage

Aug 21, 2011
upstate ny
I have a 95 gt im doing some mods on and need some insight on whether or not my parts combo are good with each other. I have x302 heads b 303 cam tfs streetburner intake 75mm tb 75mm maf 24lb injectors 255lph fuel pump 1.6 rr cai just looking for some opinions thanks

• Sponsors (?)

FRPP cams have always been a good choice and trusted but there are better options out there. My suggestion would be to contact Lunatti. Their website has an option where you send them your info on your build and what you want from a cam and they send you their recommendation. I have used this option multiple times and have had great luck with that. Just an option, but like said earlier if you have it already use it!

The best bang for your buck, and a more expensive route, is to have a custom cam done. By doing this you will be able squeeze much more out of your engine, as opposed to an "off the shelf" cam.

You have the B-cam, which is an improvement over the stock cam, so unless you want to make the absolute most power possible I'd run the B-cam.

The Alphabet cams aren't the best for 94-95's. You can run it. If you look at the sticky in the 94-95 Tech section and look under cams and what people are making with power you'll get a good idea. I don't think we have any Alphabet cars in that list. They were made for the FOX body crowd. I ran those heads and came up a few HP short of 300 at the wheels.

Ford claims x302 heads are a 65 pony gain alone how true is that I figure maybe cut that number in half

More like 40-48 rear wheel HP in real life, not paper flywheel HP. My car made 241HP with the stock heads and cam. When I switched to the GT40X Aluminum's (x305) and Crower 15511 Cam with 1.72 Rockers, 24lb Injectors it made 289-291HP on the dyno that day.

More like 40-48 rear wheel HP in real life, not paper flywheel HP. My car made 241HP with the stock heads and cam. When I switched to the GT40X Aluminum's (x305) and Crower 15511 Cam with 1.72 Rockers, 24lb Injectors it made 289-291HP on the dyno that day.
What did you have on it already? With old school gt40x heads, I would be plenty happy with 290hp!

Here were the mods:

241HP / 280TQ at the wheels:
Inductions- Edelbrock Performer Intake, Edelbrock 70MM Throttle Body, Pro-M 77 Mass Air Meter.
Exhaust- MAC 1-5/8" Long Tubes, MAC 2.5" Prochamber, MAC 2.5" Cat Back.
Other- Pulley's, Kirban Adjustable Fuel Regulator, 255LPH Fuel Pump.

292HP / 302TQ at the wheels:
Same as above.
Heads- GT40X Aluminum X305 purchased bare, Manley valvetrain swapped for Ferrea valves and Steeda Hi-Rev Springs, Switched to Edelbrock RPM upper intake, Crower 15511 Split duration cam (baby cam), Scorpion 1.72 Roller Rockers, 24lb Injectors, Steeda Aluminum 3-Core Radiator and Dyno Tuned Chip.

455HP
Sames as above.
Vortech S-Trim V1 Supercharger, 42lb Injectors, Pro-M 80MM Mass Air, 155LPH In Line Fuel Pump.

Reactions: 1 users
I have used the TFS-1 cam on 2 of my 5.0 combos (one with the X heads) and it worked well for me. Nice mean idle and good street-ability. But as mentioned before, for only about $80 more you could get a custom grind and I have heard great things about FTI. Both products and customer service are top notch and on the website I see custom grinds for $339.

Also I just realized that a 75mm tb is overkill for you. Id go with a 70. And with a good tune you should be within 15hp of your goal. Check out some user combos. Even the pricier ones never make over 310 rwhp. Torque is where you want your money anyway, being that hp is a calculation based on torque/ engine speed.