building 351w

project.65

Sep 18, 2007
I am going to send my block to the shop to get it cleaned up and ready for the rebuild. I need some recommondations on good combos. This will be a daily driver, but need some good power just incase the chevys want 2 play:D
I need :
- intake.
- carb.
- cam.
-heads. ...I will be running stock '69 heads for a month or so but want to buy some good heads.
and for my rebuild kit should I get flat-top or dish pistons? forged or hypereutectic??
- should i buy a summit rebuild kit or does anyone know of any better ones?

• Sponsors (?)

I am going to send my block to the shop to get it cleaned up and ready for the rebuild. I need some recommondations on good combos. This will be a daily driver, but need some good power just incase the chevys want 2 play:D
I need :
- intake.
- carb.
- cam.
-heads. ...I will be running stock '69 heads for a month or so but want to buy some good heads.
and for my rebuild kit should I get flat-top or dish pistons? forged or hypereutectic??
- should i buy a summit rebuild kit or does anyone know of any better ones?

intake-performer rpm or weiand stealth. both are good.
carb-something in the 750cfm range. i prefer the edelbrock, but the new holleys and the demons are also good.
cam-the comp cams xe-268 is a good compromise cam to use for decent power, and good drivability.
heads, the afr-185's or the world products windsor sr heads. spec out the 64 cc combustion chambers, and use flattop pistons to keep the compression ratio at around 9.5-10:1.

as for the rebuild kits, summit is as good as any of them.

intake-performer rpm or weiand stealth. both are good.
carb-something in the 750cfm range. i prefer the edelbrock, but the new holleys and the demons are also good.
cam-the comp cams xe-268 is a good compromise cam to use for decent power, and good drivability.
heads, the afr-185's or the world products windsor sr heads. spec out the 64 cc combustion chambers, and use flattop pistons to keep the compression ratio at around 9.5-10:1.

as for the rebuild kits, summit is as good as any of them.

pretty much exactly what he said. as for piston type, that depends on a few things but since this is going to be a driver and you didn't nitrous i'd recommend the hypereutectic pistons, however if plan spraying it later on then go with the forged pistons.

if this is going to be purely a driver then you night consider the next step down the xe-268 which is i think the xe-262