Building A 363 And Need To Know Parts To Upgrade From Orig 331 Plan

stangboy

Founding Member
Aug 31, 1999
New Orleans, LA
Hey guys. I was originally building a 331 and a friend of mine gave me a deal I couldn't refuse for a brand new Dart block and Scat forged 347 rotating assembly. My AFR 185 heads that were damaged from Hurrican Katrina were gonna cost too much to repair so I decided to buy a new set of heads and since I was buying new heads I decided to go a little further with the cubic inches so I bought a set of 4.125 pistons, AFR 205 heads, and BBK 1 3/4" longtube headers(Thanks Rick!). Oh and I bought a custom cam too(ground for the 363). So as you can see I've already started upgrading the major parts. This project was put on hold for a few months because of household financial strain but things are getting back to normal and I'm ready to continue where I left off. So I need to know what other parts, that I already have, that I need to upgrade from the original 331 plan. Here's everything I have:
Holley Systemax intake
Accufab 75mm tb and blank spacer
Lightning 90mm MAF
AFM 3" powerpipe

What do you guys think? I welcome all suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

I built a 369, big bore, based on the Dart block, very similar to what you're proposing, and went with an 90mm ProM MA, custom made 4" pipe from MA to TB, 80mm TB, Holley Systemax intake (opened up to 78mm, with rounded intake edges to smooth the air flow), 42# injectors, AFR 185 Comp heads (lightly touched on intake and exhaust ports), mild cam (223/227 duration, .610/.613 lift), SCT tune, 1 7/8" kooks headers, and 3" exhaust with X pipe and Magnaflow mufflers. Probably should have went slightly bigger on the heads, and slightly smaller on the headers (like you're doing), but it sure runs sweet...and the sound every time I accelerate is awesome....

Hey guys. I was originally building a 331 and a friend of mine gave me a deal I couldn't refuse for a brand new Dart block and Scat forged 347 rotating assembly. My AFR 185 heads that were damaged from Hurrican Katrina were gonna cost too much to repair so I decided to buy a new set of heads and since I was buying new heads I decided to go a little further with the cubic inches so I bought a set of 4.125 pistons, AFR 205 heads, and BBK 1 3/4" longtube headers(Thanks Rick!). Oh and I bought a custom cam too(ground for the 363). So as you can see I've already started upgrading the major parts. This project was put on hold for a few months because of household financial strain but things are getting back to normal and I'm ready to continue where I left off. So I need to know what other parts, that I already have, that I need to upgrade from the original 331 plan. Here's everything I have:
Holley Systemax intake
Accufab 75mm tb and blank spacer
Lightning 90mm MAF
AFM 3" powerpipe

What do you guys think? I welcome all suggestions.

What's the deck height on the Dart block you have?

What's the deck height on the Dart block you have?
8.2" deck height.

reldla1996 - How much power did you make with that combo? Did you have a manual or automatic? I was thinking about going with the 4" AFM powerpipe and an 80mm TB but I wasn't sure ishould or not. I have some 60# injectors that bought from a friend of mine because 42# injector are hard to find at a decent price. And I figured its better to have more than you need than not enough.

Noobz347 - I kept getting a Java script error everytime a tried posting this thread. I didn't think it posted. Sorry about that, Moderators.

Noobz347 - I kept getting a Java script error everytime a tried posting this thread. I didn't think it posted. Sorry about that, Moderators.

Yeah... working the issue. I LOVE updates. They always seem to come out when everything is running smoothly with a goal of putting a stop to things being smooth.

my combo made 425 rwhp and 425 rwtq, which is a little under 500 at the crank. More duration on the cam would have made more power, but at the expense of drivability. I also started collecting parts for a 331, and changed gears after buying quite a few parts.....