Progress Thread Building my dream notchback

mike91lx

Dec 11, 2018
Buffalo
Hope theres some interest in a build thread. For a little background i picked up my first fox when i was 19. It was a 91 black on black lx hatch. The car was mostly stock when i bought it and added heads/cam, vortech supercharger and a tremec TKO600. It was a fun car but the whole time i owned it i regretted not getting a notchback. I sold the car about 6 years ago for a C5Z06, then got a C6ZR1. But the last 6 months or so i have had the itch to get back into a foxbody and build it exactly the way i want ot from the ground up. Well about 2 weeks ago i picked up an 86 notchback roller and am starting my build. The goal is a 50/50 street strip car that makes about 1,000 hp and is tame enough to cruise in. Over the last 2 weeks it has been a frenzy of parts showing up at my door and my wallet is already hurting. Here is a pic of the car currently. Already has through the floor subframes and a cage but thats about it. Also a few pics of some of the parts received and ready to go on. Hope ypu guy enjoy the build.
20181217_165435.jpg
20181217_172428.jpg
20181217_172647.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I was planning on building the 8.8 I had but the past few days I have been looking at the Moser M9 housings. For the 8.8 is was going to go with a spool but does anyone know if there is a 9" differential that will hold 1,000 hp and not be as bad as a spool on the street? I have read that the lockers for the 8.8 are just about as bad on the street as the spool anyways which is why I was going that direction. Looks like the price difference between building the 8.8 and going to a 9" isn't as big as I thought