Built Auto guys

Dillons98GT

Founding Member
Feb 7, 2002
Lexington, SC
ok I'm looking into replacing my stock 4R70W(112K miles) with a built automatic. Ok I want it to hold 600-700 HP someday, while keeping all the daily driving capabilities now. I want some opinions on what to get. Been thinking a lentech or a built 4R70W. I plan to have it built with a valve body and a converter. Any one suggest anything? prices and websites would help too

• Sponsors (?)

Go to www.tccoa.com and read the articles on the 4r70w automatic transmission. It can be modified to hold that kind of power. You can also do the "jerry mod shift kit" rather than buying a new valve body.

If you wish to have everything all in one with no rebuilding Lentech Transmissions and Performance Automatic are the places to look to. For a torque converter, Precision Industries Stallion converter all the way.

Shoot a PM to Jimfitzgerald. He is a member here and that is his user name. He has over 500rwhp in his supercharged 4r70w automatic. I know he has a PA valve body and some other stuff done but you'll have to ask him for the specifics.