Exhaust Bullet Style Catalytic Converters

• Sponsors (?)

It's close, but the cross over is different. Honestly, that's a good price and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than it used to be.

I'm not sure how different it could really be. Both are setup to accept the cat-back in the stock locations. The sliders for the headers give you a little room if needed but also pick up the headers from the stock location. The last Dr. Gas that I saw was regular steel and I think had ball flanges for the x-pipe. It was still in the box, broken into what looked like similar pieces to the Anderson pic.

xfm36.jpg

Looked like this with a bassani stamp on the x and iirc it was close to 700 dollars about 10 years ago.

Why add it back if mfe has provided concrete evidence that the spun metallics work better than the stock units and all of its accompanying hardware?

Why put it back to performance/stock? I want it to last longer than 5 years, 40k miles? I like a happy computer that does not spit codes without reprogramming? I want to be ready for any state's smog Nazis? I already bought the parts and have most on? I think all the above are legit answers for me.

It is also a lot cheaper and easier than installing a top of the line, self tuning system, new cats and whatever other new pollution devices would bring it up to 2016 standards. Add a flex fuel module and variable cam timing on a stroker motor and I would be very happy and very broke.

With the older computer, I wonder if the new converters might run really clean with extra air and last longer.

Why put it back to performance/stock? I want it to last longer than 5 years, 40k miles? I like a happy computer that does not spit codes without reprogramming? I want to be ready for any state's smog Nazis? I already bought the parts and have most on? I think all the above are legit answers for me.

It is also a lot cheaper and easier than installing a top of the line, self tuning system, new cats and whatever other new pollution devices would bring it up to 2016 standards. Add a flex fuel module and variable cam timing on a stroker motor and I would be very happy and very broke.

With the older computer, I wonder if the new converters might run really clean with extra air and last longer.

All well and good reasons, but in all fairness to the Mags, that 5 years and 40,000 miles included 4,000 miles of beating the :poo: out of it on road courses. When talking to Magnaflow and others before I bought them, nobody thought any of their available ceramic-substrate cats would last worth a damn. It's exactly why I went with the metal-substrate units, and I'm happy they lasted as long as they did.

Reactions: 1 user