Bullit Equipment - Need a Few Things Cleared Up

Reed

Mar 31, 2005
BC, Canada
I posted this over at 4.6, but so far, no one seems to know too much, maybe I'll have better luck with you guys...

I bought a bunch of Bullitt stuff from Ford (suspension and brakes) and had a few questions.

-I read somewhere that the 38mm dual piston calipers were upgraded to 45 mm after 99, is this true for the Cobra style brakes? (I have the red calipers with laser etched pony.)

-Also read that the Brembo 13 inch rotors are just Brembo designed and not the real deal. On my rotors, I cannot find a "made in" stamped anywhere, only the min thickness and the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4. Some say they are made in Canada, some say Aimco makes 'em, some say they are legitimate Brembos, anyone know?

-I was reading about Rancho (spelling ?) shocks that Ford sells also and someone claimed that they are just regular Monroes (Monroe owns Rancho) and that Ford only brands them with a sticker, no improvement. Is this the case with the Tokicos Ford sells for the Bullitts?

-Just purchased some 2004 GT Bullitt style wheels and cannot figure out the colour of the spokes. They are stamped 3R33-1007-AB. Are the spokes charcoal?

If anyone could help me clear this stuff up, I love to have this kind of information about my car. If you need more info, let me know. Thanks!

Reed

• Sponsors (?)