Bullit or Eibach Suspension, Convertible

jeffs08GT

Feb 29, 2008
Hey Guys,

Recently I've been looking at a full suspension kit. My goals are really a better overall balanced and handling car. I never intend to take this car to the drag strip so a straight line setup really isn't very useful to me.

I'm really looking at the Bullit kit, however, it specifically says this kit is designed for the coupe :

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/804717-bullit-suspension-kit.html

Is this going to have any negative effect considering our car is a convertible, and I believe the spring rates are different? Has anyone used this kit with the convertible?

I'm also looking at this kit from Eibach, but I am concerned the drop may be too low. While we don't have a curb on our driveway, our driveway itself is VERY steep and I am concerned with having too low of a drop because of that. Well, I also don't want to be scraping driving around town.

94-04 Mustang Gt Convertible Pro-System Plus by Eibach at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Anyone have any thoughts on those two kits, their use on a convertible or any other suggestions? I don't want something that needs a lot of attention so I really don't want to deal with adjustable systems and just.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Guys,

Recently I've been looking at a full suspension kit. My goals are really a better overall balanced and handling car. I never intend to take this car to the drag strip so a straight line setup really isn't very useful to me.

I'm really looking at the Bullit kit, however, it specifically says this kit is designed for the coupe :

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/804717-bullit-suspension-kit.html

Is this going to have any negative effect considering our car is a convertible, and I believe the spring rates are different? Has anyone used this kit with the convertible?

I'm also looking at this kit from Eibach, but I am concerned the drop may be too low. While we don't have a curb on our driveway, our driveway itself is VERY steep and I am concerned with having too low of a drop because of that. Well, I also don't want to be scraping driving around town.

94-04 Mustang Gt Convertible Pro-System Plus by Eibach at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Anyone have any thoughts on those two kits, their use on a convertible or any other suggestions? I don't want something that needs a lot of attention so I really don't want to deal with adjustable systems and just.

Well, the FRPP Bullitt Suspension Kits are on backorder until mid June due to a sway bar supply thing. The Eibach Pro-System Plus kits are nice & if you don't want a the full lowering, add in some Urethane Spring Isolators as they typically add between 1/8" & 1/4" back in ride height.

I'd go with the Bullit setup but I would install subframe connectors. The drop is only 3/4" so you won't have any clearance issues that you will with the other kit. I have Mach 1 springs (same rate as Bullit springs) on my 96 vert and I love them since the handling is better, the ride isn"t too bad and I don't have any ground clearance issues. However, I also have subframe connectors since the stock vert chasis is too flexible.