Bumper inserts

mikes2008gt

Founding Member
Sep 29, 2002
Arlington, Texas
I decided to try painting bumper inserts instead of paying for stickers. It turned out pretty good! Masking took a while but $7 bucks for the paint vs. $29 for the stickers. Had to do a little cleaning up with a toothpick on a few of the letters where the paint wicked under the tape, but after that, I think it turned out pretty nice. :D

Attachments

• GT bumper before.JPG
    GT bumper before.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 189
  • GT bumper after.JPG
    GT bumper after.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 217
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks good :) Should have tried Plasti-Dip in case you didn't like it. Need to pick some of that stuff up myself.

How did you do the masking?

If I had known about Plasti-Dip, I would've tried it. I just saw the post about it! :( Looks like great stuff!

I used masking tape. Took about an hour to get it all masked. I think painters tape would probably work better though since the paint wicked a little under the masking tape. I figured if it didn't turn out good, I could just buy the stickers and cover it up. But it turned out nice so I'm happy.

If I had known about Plasti-Dip, I would've tried it. I just saw the post about it! :( Looks like great stuff!

I used masking tape. Took about an hour to get it all masked. I think painters tape would probably work better though since the paint wicked a little under the masking tape. I figured if it didn't turn out good, I could just buy the stickers and cover it up. But it turned out nice so I'm happy.

How did you get it perfect? Any cutting required?

Just curious because of the rounded edges.

How did you get it perfect? Any cutting required?

Just curious because of the rounded edges.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to stuff like this so yes, I had a pair of scissors with me and cut rounded edges on the masking tape, then stuck it on the bumper around the letters. If it still didn't give me the right curve that I wanted, I'd cut a little different angle and stick another piece on there.