bumper removal/installation

terry79z

Dec 15, 2004
hello,

does any one know how to remove the rear bumper???

i am putting new bumper.

is there any tools or bolts/nuts i need to buy prior to removing/installing??

i was searching for pictured instruction, couldn't find one...

thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

what year...? for 99+ you need to pop out the inside of the trunk carpet like covers behind the tail lights, then remove the bolts and pop out the tail lights, next poop out the push pins under the edge of the rear bumper along with the screws on the inside lip of the fender well, you should see any other bolts pretty easy that are holding it on.

thanks

so, all i need is SCREW drivers for this, right???

how hard is it to change 'em?

i don't know wheather i should take it to shop to do it or do it by myself..

i have 99

any thing that i need to be careful???

yes, don't try to get it off without first unscrewing the Wheel wells screws.

Second, no screw drivers but a 10mm Ratchet is what you will need.

If you pay to have someone do it, well I will come over to the house and smack you!

It is really simple that even Marvin can do it!

If you need anymore help hell, post it here when you are going to be doing it and i will be on AOL if you have any questions.

Travis

I wouldn't swap out fiberglass or poly pieces unless it was at least 50 degrees out. These pieces have a tendency to crack and split when it gets cold out. That's why I don't like doing interior work during the winter months.

LsRedy2Kstang said:
Yeah Marvin, well whenever you get down here to the south, Look me up. I will buy the first one!

Travis

You lost me, buy the first one what?

I'll be in SC this spring, so start sand bagging the windows and running concertina wire around the yard. Oil dem dere guns up!

Muahahahaha :D

Actually, I wouldn't mind meeting some of you down there just for the hexk of it.

You can either get a tool made for removing push pins, or use a kitchen fork likr I do. You might want to head down to the local Ford dealer and pick up extra ones as you will probably break a few during the removal process.