Bumpers

candphall

Jun 8, 2009
Orlando Florida
My front and rear bumpers are ok but not great. Thinking of replacing or rechroming. Replacing is fairly inexpensive but I dont know if the quality is there. I don't know what rechroming would run. Anyone have any experience in this area.

• Sponsors (?)

My front and rear bumpers are ok but not great. Thinking of replacing or rechroming. Replacing is fairly inexpensive but I dont know if the quality is there. I don't know what rechroming would run. Anyone have any experience in this area.
Brand new Nordan bumpers ,you cant beat them . National Parts sells them . If the old bumpers are straight same them .

the last time i checked the cost of rechroming the bumpers on my falcon it was $300 just for the rechroming process. i always thought that, at the time, $200 for a pair of mustang bumpers was a bargain compared to the cost of rechroming.

I don't know what the chrome shops are using now days but it is not worth the price .It cracks and crazes ,blisters and peels . The mirrors and door handles on my 67 fast back have little pops and crazing all over and the car is always inside out of the weather .They are about two years old and i will have to replace them .Chrome from outside the country seems to hold up much better .