buncha questions

TOOLOW91

If you're the village idiot what's that make me?
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
S.I.NY
sorry for posting a million new threads but i have a couple questions.

i already know that my locks need new actuators im going to do the fix i seen on here that was cheap... but the windows work fine and the lock buttons dont.. the only button that works is the lock on the drivers side.. unlock works on neither of them and lock doesnt work on the passanger side.. now i no the windows are tied into the locks as far as relays go and the windows work fine so what is you opinion on the issue.. as i have more questions im just gonna keep posting in here if you guys dont mind helpin out.. merry christmas all

• Sponsors (?)

Locks and windows are totally separate. Locks have constant power and a fusible link under the hood, windows are key on power and have a circuit breaker. Sounds like it is just your actuators that are bad. Mine have stuck and occasionally the drivers side button will not work the passenger side.

To test the buttons themselves, the window and lock buttons are the same, they just have a different "locating tab" on the bottom of the locks, and different symbols on the top if they haven't rubbed off. I've swapped them before, just need to cut off the tab and they will work.

i remember reading somewhere that there was a relay that tied them both together but i guess i misunderstood. so im gonna try the acutuator fix and take it from there