Burned cobra mustang, brake questions

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Im wanting to upgrade to Cobra brakes, car was totally burned, would you guy stay away from the calipers and rotors or would they be worth trying to salvage? If I choose to upgrade to the cobra brakes, will the master cylinder that I used from a 95 model GT be sufficient or do I need to upgrade the MC too. I did the 5 lug swap and have 4 wheel disc with a 93 cobra booster

• Sponsors (?)

Depends, where the brakes subject ot high heat??

If they were, i'd skip them. Heat tends to crystalize metals, so it a good shot the metal in the calipers or rotors could be more brittle.

Plus the rubber seals and boots on the calipers may have been melted. That would be a good indicator of how much heat they saw. If the seals aren't melted, then they could be useable.

Basically it's use at your own risk

94 95 rotors will not work on a Fox. The offset is different. (IMO)

Expensive, go to Baer four or six piston
More expensive, go to aeromotive
Cheapest, SVO larger pistons

Forget the slotted or drilled rotors. The fancy rotors are just hype, but I am sure to be corrected, guaranteed!

All the choices depend on your driving style. I drive like a maniac and I have stock 93 cobra brakes with auto part store asbestos pads. I have never had any problems other than a little fadeing on HARD stops.

Chris

My car has been converted to 5 lug 4 wheel disc, front has 94 model spindels with 99 model PBR dual piston calipers, rear is a stock 94 model complete from disc to disc, I was just wanting to upgrade to bigger rotors and better calipers... Yes the parts car I was looking at was burned, prob not worth mesing with, the tires are almost burned off the rims, thanks for your guys input, i'll just shop on ebay and upgrade