burning oil

Rasikajay

Nov 26, 2009
Herndon, VA
Hi everyone, I decided to check my oil today and noticed that it was 3/4 full. Its been only a little over 1,000 miles since I did the oil change and my car isn't leaking any oil. Can this explain why my car is doing really bad on gas? Does anyone think they know why my car is burning oil?

• Sponsors (?)

Hi everyone, I decided to check my oil today and noticed that it was 3/4 full. Its been only a little over 1,000 miles since I did the oil change and my car isn't leaking any oil. Can this explain why my car is doing really bad on gas? Does anyone think they know why my car is burning oil?

What do you mean by 3/4 full? Do you mean that the oil is 3/4 of the way up from low to full on the dip stick? If so, then it's only 1/4 quart low, not bad for 1000 miles!

What do you mean by 3/4 full? Do you mean that the oil is 3/4 of the way up from low to full on the dip stick? If so, then it's only 1/4 quart low, not bad for 1000 miles!

:stupid:Ditto, the more miles on you car and depending on how heavy your foot is tells how much oil your going to burn, its good to check your oil every 100 miles, I have a 2 catch can set up and the first gets full depending on the kind of driving I'm doing that month or even that week. Ok, I overstated, your cars normal.

There was a TSB that came out awhile back about the dip sicks not measuring the oil level accurately. Your oil level is probably good. Does anyone have a link to that TSB? Look's like your car is Mineral Grey. Good choice. Pearl02.