Burning oil

Alrighty ladies and gents. If it's not one thing it's another. This time around on my 87 foxbody I noticed I have a small amount of blue smoke coming from under my vehicle. I know blueish smoke means oil is burning. I have a on 3 performance turbo which I found is leaking oil from the oil return line. And around the same time I started leaking oil from the I also found I'm leaking oil from my oil pan gasket. I'm sure this is the cause of the smoke but I would like to hear some ideas and comments in case it turns out to be something else.

• Sponsors (?)

If you have to add oil, obviously its leaking, burning or both. Certainly fix all the leaks and check your spark plugs for oil fouling. Also, what is the status of your engine build? Is it a stock spec build or something different? Piston ring gap is the key thing here with oil consumption. Rings that are spec to stock may not seal properly unless the engine reaches the stock specified operating temperature. So what are the details? Are you running a colder thermostat with an engine that is supposed to reach 200 degrees operating temp? If so you might get excessive oil consumption as the rings are not sealing up due to the engine not running hot enough. Not to be too technical off the bat but your initial post needs more detail.

Oil is flammable... fix your dang oil leaks... If it's smoking from under the car then it's on the exhaust. Bad rings or engine issues will smoke out of the tailpipes.

Your post is kinda cloudy. There's no way anyone can give you ideas on why your car is smoking without more detail. Oil leaks down and blows back.... so.... start at the highest leak.

With on3 turbo, are you running a breather system ? Are you running the pcv ? Do you have an oil catch can ? Does your engine put out more than 80psi at cold idle ? Are you using a restrictor on the oil feed line to the turbo ? All these questions are particularly relevant to the on3 system.... along with all the questions John asked.