Bushing and Tie rod question

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Some small repaire parts I was waitin for come in, Tomm. morning I am gonna replace the passenger inside tie rod and the isolater bushings on the front sway bar. I have new 30mm Energy Sospension Polyurethane isolaters, do I have to pull off the endlinks or can I move the bar enough to get the new bushings on (they are cut so it can pop on the sway bar)? Also the closest alignment place is 40 miles away and I dont want to mess up the tires, so how can I "eyeball" the toe in/out till I get it proffesionaly done? It was receintly aligned so I wont mess with camber/caster just the toe.

• Sponsors (?)

what you can do is when you disconnect the OUTTER tie rod end from the spindle. Count the number of turns it takes to unscrew it from the inner tie rod end. Write that down and then install your new inner tie rod end. Then thread the outter on however many turns you counted.

As for the swaybar bushings, you should be able to take off the two 15mm nuts on the endlinks, and then take the isolator mounts off and replace the bushings. I'm pretty sure you have to take off the top nut on the isolators. I cant remember exactly though.

Did it today and it was pretty easy. The two 5/8's nuts that retain the isolator bushing come out and the cradle slips right off, cut the old one off and slap the new one on, didnt even have to take the end-links off. And yeah, cant count the threads as different tie rods are a little different. I just measuerd with a tape measure until the front and the back of the rotors were both 61 an1/16th from the other side (basically no toe in/out) still gota have it aligned tomorrow though.