Bushings That Come W Rear Control Arm Those Chassis?

Not off hand. I just know that we ran poly bushings on Mustangs for damn near 20 years and no one ever heard of any binding problems. Then all of a sudden MM or whoever came out with spherical bushings for the rear control arms and all these stories of binding issues with polyeurothane bushings started appearing all over the internet. Do they bind? maybe. Does it effect the car in any way? not that I have ever seen. You just have to make sure that they are lubed properly so they don't squeak. I truly honestly believe that they made up the binding myth to sell spherical bushings. It's a correction for a problem that really isn't a problem. Another consideration is that over time dirt and other road debris is going into the spherical bushing and wear it out. So while it might be a perfection issue on a race car, for a street car that gets driven a lot, it's just not practical.

Kurt

I was out of town for the weekend and just read your reply - thanks for taking the time to write one. I installed Zerk fittings on my rear control arms so I could grease the poly bushings, so maybe that's why I don't really get any bind.

• Sponsors (?)

I was out of town for the weekend and just read your reply - thanks for taking the time to write one. I installed Zerk fittings on my rear control arms so I could grease the poly bushings, so maybe that's why I don't really get any bind.

I've been meaning to install grease fittings in mine for a long time, and I've never gotten around to it. That's a really good idea.

Kurt