Butchered?

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
I'm all for Modding cars, but this is just taking it too far. No dyno numbers or track times, so why goto this extreme with a cobra?
Exhaust out the fender?

• Sponsors (?)

The fender portion is butcher shop laziness . You could do a real nice exhaust out the back stil with a little effort .
Under the hood could be a lot neater

I don’t understand the need for 300gauges when the Holley dash has every bit of info on it in one spot.

Its a shame because the car has some really nice parts in it.

I'm not sure butchered is the word I would have used. I'd like to see the exhaust routed a little better, but it does have some nice parts on it.

Would I have done this to a 93 cobra? Probably not, but his car and his money.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
IMO, it looks like someone with A.D.D built it.
It literally has no solid theme to the build.
Auto trans with 4000rpm converter, no roll bar, drag wheels, exhaust out the fender.
Nitrous and meth.
No dyno, no track times, no AC still has rear seats, no wipers or motor.
Electric water pump, Can an MSD box really be that close to the heat from a turbo?
It has good parts, cheap parts, street car parts, race car parts.

And exhaust out the fender makes you wonder what other corners were cut.
Ran out of money?

Oh and that cluster and dash full of gauges is downright criminal in a 93 cobra.

Lose the headlights, wheels, dash, reinstall AC and it would be livable.

I don't mind a tastefully modded 93 cobra, but this car is far from it.
Other than the rear seats existing and no roll bar, sure seems alot like a race car to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Not sure why he wants to trade for something coyote swapped. He could probably part out the engine and drive train and have $ for the swap. Plus fix the fender.

• Agree
IMO, it looks like someone with A.D.D built it.
It literally has no solid theme to the build.
Auto trans with 4000rpm converter, no roll bar, drag wheels, exhaust out the fender.
Nitrous and meth.
No dyno, no track times, no AC still has rear seats.
Electric water pump, Can an MSD box really be that close to the heat from a turbo?
It has good parts, cheap parts, street car parts, race car parts.

And exhaust out the fender makes you wonder what other corners were cut.
Ran out of money?

Oh and that cluster and dash full of gauges is downright criminal in a 93 cobra.

Lose the headlights, wheels, dash, reinstall AC and it would be livable.

I don't mind a tastefully modded 93 cobra, but this car is far from it.
Other than the rear seats existing and no roll bar, sure seems alot like a race car to me.

Except he would be banned after making one pass without a cage, assuming it lived up to its potential.

Here's another one. Lower miles, but modified. No engine shot though

If i were buying a 93 CObra right now, here's the one i'd get. Wouldn't take much to put this back to 100% stock.

BTW...ebay doesn't really have many modified cars. I'm searching through listings wondering where all these stock(ish) 5.0's have been sitting. The ones with mods tend to just have a CAI and set of 4-lug wheels on it and that's all.

• Loved It!
Less the exhaust , that’s a street car.
And the stupid shifter, and the deleted wiper motor, and.....

The more I look at it, the more I agree with @2000xp8. ( which is happening a lot lately...talk about bizarro world) ;)
I think the guys floating the car to see if he’ll find the right fish to bite his worm.. :eek: A lot of the build looks like race car, but it doesn’t carry through when it’s time to get serious about racing it. ( That’s why I think the guy has added all of that sht for bragging rights..he did it for f&f crowd pleasing points).
And, It probably either doesn’t run right, or the thing scares him.

• Agree