Buy new 2011+ mustang vs supercharged fox / newedge ?

• Sponsors (?)

One of the best options in my opinion is get a Shelby. 07-08 with under 40k miles will run you about 25k. You can get into an 11-12 with around 50k miles under 30 g's. Now you have a car that bridges the gap between modern and old-school, over 500hp, a car that won't depreciate much if any, and a Carol Shelby product. All for the price of a base ecoboost.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
And I plan to follow my own advice!:nice:
07978484-D474-46EC-8FDF-86B7B5344831.png

Reactions: 2 users
i'd rather buy a 11 to 14 gt500 than a 15 and newer- too many complaints about BBQ tick/engines failing/ transmission forks.. I have two friends who have had Ford buy back a 16 and 18 GT as the cars were in the dealer more than his garage getting fixed. Sucks to drop $40+k on a car that you can't drive, which is why I haven't bought a new Mustang for myself.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
I Double Dog Dare You :O_o:
By the time I save up for that, I think I’ll be ready for a 2012 instead! I remember seeing the magazine cover of a grabber blue gt500 with the headline of breaking 200mph. I want to own one next during/after college. They’re quite the bargain imo

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I am just looking at my options is all. I’ve read a lot and so far it’s looking like these new mustangs are reliable other than the transmission problems I’ve heard of on the manuals. I would defiantly be eating a manual.
I have though about trying to find a 2003 terminator as the value will only go up and it’s got the power and everything that I would want I’m pretty sure they keep up with the new 5.0 coyote mustangs. My only concern with these is finding a clean one that’s not been beaten to hell or has high mileage. Price wise I’m looking at 15k-20k max. As for the fox mustang I get everyone’s point they are just old and very hard to find clean again. I just Th ought I could build one up to be a similar car to the new 5.0 for cheaper. I know the fuel mileage would be less and it wouldn’t handle corners as good but in a straight line it would be similar. & I do love the feel of theT5 shifting. Btw 1990 5.0 was my first car when I was 18. I am now 32. As for engine work I can do everything but welding and as for the monitor I’d have a machine shop do the Long block. I would do the rest.
I did the same in my 1964 imperial I put a 440 in it just had The Long block done to match the partsI picked out big came ect was 8k into that engine. Sadly had to sell it when my dad passed to keep my moms house. I am super into car shows if I could afford it I’d buy a 60s mustang and three a 5.0 into it but even a decent 65 or 66 stand is like 10-12k+ then I still need to work on it.
I think I may try to shoot for a terminator and leave it stock if I can find one. Or just get a 2015+ 5.0

My daily driver is a Taurus, so i'm used to big cars. I actually like the side of the car.

But those 11-14 cars just feel big to me for a Mustang. Not saying I would kick one out of my driveway, but I just can't fall in love with them like I can a 15+ car.

I'll just keep watching the price of those '15's fall further and further down. I know I want to buy something in the next few years, I just can't decide what. I'd love a GT350, but the engine issue keep pushing me away. I'd also like to build a Factory Five Cobra, but i'm kinda getting tired of working on cars. I want something that i just do oil changes on and wax.

Reactions: 1 users
I didn’t know the 2004 cobras were terminators I thought they were something else I always see them referred as the 03 terminator. The older cobras before then has no supercharger or All forged internals like the terminator does

My daily driver is a Taurus, so i'm used to big cars. I actually like the side of the car.

But those 11-14 cars just feel big to me for a Mustang. Not saying I would kick one out of my driveway, but I just can't fall in love with them like I can a 15+ car.

I'll just keep watching the price of those '15's fall further and further down. I know I want to buy something in the next few years, I just can't decide what. I'd love a GT350, but the engine issue keep pushing me away. I'd also like to build a Factory Five Cobra, but i'm kinda getting tired of working on cars. I want something that i just do oil changes on and wax.

Yeah - a FFR would nice - I'll get one eventually. Just buy one already built. Otherwise you'll have an 8 year build thread on it (I've haunted the build forums for those cars!)