Buyfordracing.com, any experiences to share?

bonestock87

Founding Member
Dec 19, 2001
Cape Coral, FL
Received a set of 3.73 FRPP gears form buyfordracing.com on Tuesday. Their shipping was unbelievably fast, but when I opened them to check them out the pinion gear has a big chip missing on the point of one of the teeth. Should I be concerned? I e-mailed customer service and they responded, quickly I might add, that if the chip was on the point it wouldn't matter. Now being a gear virgin I don't know right from wrong. Should I send them back or do you think they are ok? I was "this" close to buying them from Nick at American Muscle but even with the discount it was over $30 difference. Perhaps I should learn a lesson here. Is buyfordracing.com selling FRPP reject stuff? Any input or advice would be appreciated.:nice:

Attachments

• Gear 001.jpg
    Gear 001.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Gear 003.jpg
    Gear 003.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Sponsors (?)

Buyfordracing is a very reputable company to deal with, so I'm sure they'll make good with you with this. Looks like a bad pinion made it past the QA guys with FRPP. I wouldn't chance it, even if it seems benign, so they'd be going back for an exchange. A chip somewhere could mean they have hidden cracks in one of the teeth that aren't visible to the naked eye, and you don't want to lose the whole tooth (or more) should it be a problem.

Buyfordracing is a very reputable company to deal with, so I'm sure they'll make good with you with this. Looks like a bad pinion made it past the QA guys with FRPP. I wouldn't chance it, even if it seems benign, so they'd be going back for an exchange. A chip somewhere could mean they have hidden cracks in one of the teeth that aren't visible to the naked eye, and you don't want to lose the whole tooth (or more) should it be a problem.

Exactly what I was thinking, contact them and arrange to return it. They will no doubt exchange that for you.

Exactly what I was thinking, contact them and arrange to return it. They will no doubt exchange that for you.

Well, I did call and get a return authorization. Very easy to work with, no questions asked. It all just felt a little weird because I couldn't imagine a defect that obvious getting through inspection and in my mind I wondered if buyfordracing.com dealt in 2nd quality FRPP stuff since I've never dealt with them before. I really appreciate the advice and such.:flag:

I bought a set of cobra brakes from them awhile back that came with goodridge brake lines. Both of the lines leaked, and wouldnt seal correctly. My stockers sealed just fine, so I called them and they said I had installed them wrong and they would not exchange them... How do you install brake lines wrong?!

Anyways, I threw them in the trash. The did have quick shipping and good prices, but I guess I just got the only jerk that works customer service.

I would deff ship them back. You didnt pay for a damaged piece...

I bought a set of cobra brakes from them awhile back that came with goodridge brake lines. Both of the lines leaked, and wouldnt seal correctly. My stockers sealed just fine, so I called them and they said I had installed them wrong and they would not exchange them... How do you install brake lines wrong?!

Anyways, I threw them in the trash. The did have quick shipping and good prices, but I guess I just got the only jerk that works customer service.

I would deff ship them back. You didnt pay for a damaged piece...
the lines are side specific, try switching them from one side to the other

This is all good news. And I say again, nothing but excellent service since I placed the order, just got a messed up part. The way it's packaged, they don't even see the actual part before it's shipped, so there's nothing they did wrong. I will say that the e-mail I got from customer service put me off a little bit in that he/she suggested that I go ahead and use the damaged pinion gear.

Got my Mach 1 brakes from them.

The chip is on a part of the tooth that won't see load, however, wiuth a chip that large. WHo knows what else is damaged. I would want a new one too

Dude that blows. It would piss me off if i ever get a part and its messed up. I mean come on you spend all that money on the damn thing than have to wait until it gets there and when you finally get it, its effed up? Yea i'd send it back and call and complain

Wanted to put this to bed. I don't like saying negative things about anyone, including a vendor, if they aren't warranted. So when someone gets it right, it's only fair I tell everyone about that too. I shipped the gear set back and a new one was back to me in a week. I will use buyfordracing.com again.