Buying 2002 GT

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I noticed a difference... w/ a '99 up stang I'd definitely recommend 3.90's or 4.10's. The PI motors have much more top end compared to the 96-98 NPI stangs that have more low/mid range grunt.

Wow- even for a daily driver? Can't afford to loose too much on mileage considering my drill base is two hundred miles away. (Make the trip once a month). My daily commute isn't too bad though- maybe 20 miles round trip. I just never considered 4.10s a DD gear set

You'll hear debate on both sides on whether 3.73's are better for DD or 4.10's. My recommendation would be to find someone in your area that has 4.10's and have them take you on the highway.

:D Took possession last night and got it washed and waxed today. I swear it looks like it just rolled off the floor in 2002.

Initial impressions: never had a car handle this well; it takes turns and corners like a champ. Probably the most impressive part of this car. That T-3560 really is a loud beast, no problems shifting, it's just noisy. Fuel light comes on with 2 gallons left- reset the trip meter so we'll see what kind of MPG I get.

Did some research on the stereo head unit, turns out its fairly new. Got a hook up in the rear for an IPOD; outstanding. Only thing left audio wise is a tasteful sub/amp combo. The Mach 460 isn't audiophile quality but its leaps and bounds better than any other stock stereo I've had

Best of all, since I financed a portion of it through my local credit union I got an extended warranty (3 year, 36K) that covers just about everything on the drive train except the clutch. I figure if I burn the clutch up its my own damn fault.

Attachments

• Mustang.jpg
    Mustang.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 91
  • mustang3.jpg
    mustang3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 78
If you think it handles well now, wait till subframes, new shocks/struts, springs and CC plates. THAT makes it handle like it should have from the factory. A short throw shifter would be a good 1st mod for you btw :nice:

Congrats it looks great, thats one of the great things about Silver it seems to last a long time on these cars! Btw take your time on decding your mods like the others have posted...
I would get the car a full tune up and new fluids on everything if you can before you start modding it. Just my .02 cents!:flag:

Nice, what you got planned for it?
Since it's already got a good exhaust I'm planning on running the ipod cable, adding a subwoofer and amp, and swapping out the stock shifter to a short shifter.

Don't have any long term goals planned out as of yet.

I would get the car a full tune up and new fluids on everything

~nodnod~ Other than oil, how often do you change your other fluids? (transmissions, coolant, ect)

f the gear swap I just sold my 03 with 130K there asking 7k as well. I was getting 28mpg on the hwy and 23 in the city amazing for the power. now if you whomp on it there goes the millage

that's one of the great things about Silver it seems to last a long time on these cars!

I think that might because owners are more inclined to keep them washed and waxed; I just had it detailed yesterday and today I could already spot the insects and other dirt specks on it. Everything stands out against the silver.

If you think it handles well now, wait till subframes, new shocks/struts, springs and CC plates.

Where would you recommend starting when upgrading the suspension?

Went to slide the head unit out of the dash today and found that the previous owner already had attached the USB cable for an IPOD. This keeps getting better and better :D So only thing left audio wise is subwoofer/amp combo.

It looks like the only pieces I need to change out on the interior to put back to showroom perfect are the drivers arm rest (small scrape), the trim going around the radio/ac controls & vents (one spot with paint rubbed off, possibly during radio installation) and the window and power lock buttons (paint worn off). I'm not even really concerned with the buttons actually.

Can anyone recommend some aftermarket high beam bulbs that are direct replacements for the factory bulbs? I travel through rural territory quite a bit. The factory ares are fine, but nothing on the wife's Grand Prix.