Buying a 1968 Fastback

TTR9000

May 20, 2004
Tampa, Florida
I am planning on purchasing a 1968 mustang fastback during the summer and I just wanted to know the things to look for. I am planning on spending $15,000-$17,000 depending on what I find and also what kind of condition would a mustang be in this price range. What features on the car should I try to get. I would like to get a 302 auto. How much power with the auto trans handle? I plan on keeping the engine mods to a carb, intake manifold, and headers. Any help or other ideas would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

I think Hop does this just because he likes the Pavlovian reactions he knows he'll get.

I don't know how f/b prices are in Tampa, but I've seen them advertised down here for upwards of $20K, but that was usually at the "specialty" car dealerships.

Good luck.

Fomocohipo said:
Wow... Your a dork.

I know you are but what am I ? :rlaugh:

Seriously Police Interceptor,, where are all these clones?? Even at the 40th there was an astounding "one". Just one. Lots of 67 and 68s , but one Eleanor. All these predictions of people buying them up and making clones havent come to pass...Too much time and money to do it for one thing. Davids site will scare most people off making one, they are QUITE difficult. But "all these" clones have yet to surface, anywhere.