Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

I had to open one of the holes up slightly. I used all 6 mounting points on my seats. I didn't have to clearance anything on the driver's side, but i also used different seat brackets, so there are probably slight differences in how they mount. Pretty sure my optimum seating position still allowed some range forward and back.

• Sponsors (?)

What’s your all opinions on these? I really like the plaid fabric I posted, but I’m into this Audi stracato red/blk checkered fabric!! Feel like the color matches pretty well with my car interior as well. Did a couple of quick crappy photo shops of that one and some darker houndstooth.
FEA834C8-FA29-4A02-AD46-B8C28581EB39.jpeg
5CC8B60E-DE56-4BAD-972E-B9EDE4845F5F.jpeg
I like the bottom left. The plaid had a red stripe in it, but it’s a big pattern for the areas.

Reactions: 1 user
I think the only thing that hit the trans tunnel on mine were the tabs since they hang low. Couple hits with the hammer fixed that.
Strange man idk why mine is hitting maybe different years? Who knows, it’s not horrible but it’s surely butting up against it and into the carpet. The passenger side fits perfectly, I am a little worried about the pro-m box but I think once the sliders are on, it should have enough clearance and be good.

I had to open one of the holes up slightly. I used all 6 mounting points on my seats. I didn't have to clearance anything on the driver's side, but i also used different seat brackets, so there are probably slight differences in how they mount. Pretty sure my optimum seating position still allowed some range forward and back.
How did you do that? Isn’t there just the double upfront and the single in the rear per each side? Or did you drill into the seat? You are saying you used all 6 holes per slider?

I like the bottom left. The plaid had a red stripe in it, but it’s a big pattern for the areas.
You like the houndstooth? I believe I’m set on the red/black checkered Audi fabric. I really like it, it will surely be one off, matches the old seat color. I liked the plaid a lot but it’s been done in a fox and I don’t want to copy it. Who knows though I might change my mind again before I even send them out!!!

How did you do that? Isn’t there just the double upfront and the single in the rear per each side? Or did you drill into the seat? You are saying you used all 6 holes per slider?

I meant all 6 holes on the seat. 3 on each side. So 2 holes on each side worked as-is, and then i had to expand the hole for the side that had the double bolts. So 6 bolts total hold my seats to the sliders (3 on each side) and then i used 4 bolts total to secure to the bases.

So I’m still in a jam, got to many projects started at one time and now I’m debating another. For those that have re-done the carpet how much of a project is it really? I feel like my carpet is still pretty good, but has some spots that look dingy especially around the scuff plates etc. the carpet behind the rear seat backs looks a little worn but nothing crazy. I could wait as it’s not urgent, but since I currently have all the seats outs etc it seems like a project I could tackle. The only thing is everyone I’ve seen do this makes it seems like a pita, but maybe that’s bc they are laying down all this boom mat stuff. Has anyone used this company for carpeting etc?
3206DA7C-4885-4A87-8AE3-8704394F7068.jpeg

Acc is out of Anniston Alabama. It’s been my go-to for replacement carpet. I wouldn’t say it was hard by any stretch, but it’s definitely easy to fck up when it comes to cutting it to fit, so you’d need to be very careful when trimming it out.
You can’t put it back once you make a cut.

It's fairly easy, but you really have to let the carpet sit somewhere in the warm sun to flatten out.
I stuffed the whole thing in there then slowing trimmed back. You are NOT getting the whole thing to fit without trimming both front and back.
You need to have really sharp razor blades on hand, just be careful, mike is right, one misguided hand motion or the blade gets stuck and then breaks loose and you could put a 10 inch slice in the wrong spot.

The job itself is not difficult but it's really easy to accidentally cut too much.

And the advice about letting the carpet sit in the sun to soften and relax is spot on.

Been debating changing out my carpet just to have new carpet in the car. However, my OEM carpet is in decent shape, so not sure if the quality of an ACC carpet would justify changing out a good OEM carpet.

Been debating changing out my carpet just to have new carpet in the car. However, my OEM carpet is in decent shape, so not sure if the quality of an ACC carpet would justify changing out a good OEM carpet.
I have used ACC for carpets up front at least three times in different vehicles and in the hatch once. They have been equal to or better than stock.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't have any real quality issues with the new carpet, but if yours is good, i would not change it. While replacements are good, they still don't quite fit like an original that has been formed to the car for the last 30 years.

Mine was gray and i owned the car since i was a teenager, so needless to say it was heavily worn.

I don't have any real quality issues with the new carpet, but if yours is good, i would not change it. While replacements are good, they still don't quite fit like an original that has been formed to the car for the last 30 years.

Mine was gray and i owned the car since i was a teenager, so needless to say it was heavily worn.
I have seen two different carpets offered on LmR one that just says carpet like what I posted in the pic, then another that’s slightly more expensive which has some sort of boom mat built in I guess a little more like stock. Is all this dyna Mat or boom Mat whatever it’s called worth it or needed? Now that I know I have to trim and it’s not just an easy plug and play type deal I already got in my head lol!! I get all weirded out bc I want it done right and to look original. Maybe I’ll just my carpet another real good deep cleaning and vac and see how it goes. It really isn’t that bad, I just figured it’s open in the car right now so maybe I could do it.