Buying new 18" Chrome Rims - But I need YOUR help.

Caldwell

Apr 27, 2004
Ontario Canada
Just like it says.
I'm in the market. Turns out my rims are such a hassel and dante design doesn't make any more 17s blah blah blah, to hell with these rims,
I am now in the market for new 18 inch chrome rims, but i need pics on a black car.
So Rebel rims, Roush rims... what are peoples' favourite?
ps: I do not want another set of saleens, so please don't post them.
Nor will I get cobras. (sorry fellas)

• Sponsors (?)

axis_crux_silver.jpg

?

I was even debating these in 19"

Attachments

• axis_crux_silver.jpg
    axis_crux_silver.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 75
Those work....:nice:
Do they come in chrome, looks like a painted center/polished lip..???

Even Saleen wheels are known to peel...I thought Dante was a decent brand...I almost sucked up a set recently, Dante was the brand I was going for...:(

my vote is for the roush wheels.

those wheels you posted caldwell look like ass imo

i also think bbs and other similar style wheels should be left to the euro mobiles.

i do like the rebels as well.

maybe look at steedas wheel selections--they can all be had in chrome 18"--my next wheel is a ultralite 1 in 17x9

Rio: Pissed man, pissed. I heard saleens flaked also, and I heard good thing about the dante designs. The guy over at street dreams sells 17" saleens... but they're a different brand.

Nice post Dan, I'm likin the last ones the most. Are those the shelby's?

bim:
good call on steeda. lemme check out their junk now.

the axis crux wheels i posted, i dunno, i thought with the lip they'd be all right :shrug: but i gotta be careful with 18s because my car sits so bloody low.

I was just checkin out the roush site now for a good price on their rims
man, their site sucks, the flash doesn't even work properly :scratch:

i'm done with the saleens. too much hassel.
a good looking rim, but what a bitch.

I know where there is a used set of rebels for sale with good front tires and bald rears. PM if you are interested and I'll give you the link.

Personally, I'd look for something COMPLETELY different than the normal wheels. The only problem is that many of the wheels that are different and look good on our cars are $$$.

I'd look for a staggered fitment if it was my car, as the wider rear looks right at home on our cars and fills in the fender nicely.

Caldwell, do you have polished aluminum saleens or chromies? i have polished aluminum cobra rs and they are such a pita to keep clean. what are you doing with the saleens you have now? can you pm me with your replies, i too am looking for a set of 18"s strictly because my rims are so labor intensive. right now i like the faleens because they are so cheap on ebay and the Drift Rs. I am also looking to get 18x9's all around because it sucked not being able to rotate my tires. when they got bad i had to replace them=expensive.

Paul: PM sent.

fawcett said:
Caldwell, do you have polished aluminum saleens or chromies? i have polished aluminum cobra rs and they are such a pita to keep clean. what are you doing with the saleens you have now? can you pm me with your replies, i too am looking for a set of 18"s strictly because my rims are so labor intensive. right now i like the faleens because they are so cheap on ebay and the Drift Rs. I am also looking to get 18x9's all around because it sucked not being able to rotate my tires. when they got bad i had to replace them=expensive.

My saleens are chromies. Keep in mind MINE are 17s... not 18s.
and chrome is one of the easiest things i've ever had to clean.
The other three rims are great.
The Driver rear is in mint condition
The Passenger front has very minor curb damage (damn mother :fuss:)
and the passenger rear is mint also.
the driver front (which is the one i'm having troubles with) peeled all along the back of the inner wall behind the face... and i'm fed up with them.

the tires are yoko avs db s2s... the fronts NEED replacing, the rears got half tread.

as far as i'm concerned i'll sell these rims, either to someone or ebay.
i might as well sell the tribars for $0.25 too LOL :rlaugh:

ps: i honestly don't know how much my rims are really worth, so shoot me a pm and i'll let you know.