Fox Buying This Car Tomorrow

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Fort Knox, KY
As long as everything checks out, this will be the donor for my interior swap.

The guy said he bought it at auction and seems pretty clueless, but here's what I see from the pics:
- 5 lug conversion (wow!)
- 94+ Cobra brakes with proportioning valve (wow!)
- adjustable caster/camber plates
- 94-98 Cobra wheels
- BBK elbow and conical filter (MAF and TB look stock, no?)
- Cobra grill insert
- 3G alternator
- LX tails... (It sure seems like a GT, but note the missing fogs too...could be a 4cyl car originally?)
- Lower than stock (?)

At $2,500, it will definitely be worth the money. I plan to swap my torn up raggedy grey interior for this black interior. Seller claims 140k miles. Apparently, everything runs fine and the car has passed smog. I'm sure there's more than meets the eye, but I don't really care. I care about the interior alone, and that seems not perfect but a great start, especially if I can complete the swap for $0 difference between purchase and resale.

If it truly does run fine, I'll have a little fun racing the 4-bangers at the local scene. Clearly, at some point someone loved this car and sunk a little money into it. The body (driver's side) looks fairly straight, but the door is not in perfect alignment. The interior looks pretty good. I already have some black door panels in nice condition. The dash and console look nice.

I know it's not a big deal, but I always get excited about the prospect of enjoying another fox!

A buddy of mine said you could tell from the steering wheel if it was a 4 cyl lx. Is that true? Any thoughts/observations?

00D0D_4yXxUFpgcbA_1200x900.jpg
01212_anZ8gXdvgnm_1200x900.jpg
00G0G_lHkR3VgJQyH_1200x900.jpg
00I0I_coUXtUNJU1x_1200x900.jpg
00l0l_kfMKdlbKpjT_1200x900 (1).jpg
00l0l_kfMKdlbKpjT_1200x900.jpg
00M0M_2cDYZV4DWoW_1200x900.jpg
00U0U_csNyB53Rcmf_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I wish I had a good answer for you, i seem to understand d the 4is better. For $2500 though, seems like it would work out great for you though. Parting it out should pay for the initial investment, i would think.

You're at Ft. Ord now? I was there with the 7th ID back in '83-'84. I had an apartment in Carmel with a buddy of mine back then. It was nice when we were actually in garrison.

I wish I had a good answer for you, i seem to understand d the 4is better. For $2500 though, seems like it would work out great for you though. Parting it out should pay for the initial investment, i would think.

You're at Ft. Ord now? I was there with the 7th ID back in '83-'84. I had an apartment in Carmel with a buddy of mine back then. It was nice when we were actually in garrison.
It's really less of a question and more sharing. Just directing attention to any observations that the other fox experts know more about. Ord is closed. There's a university on it and some garrison offices for Presidio. I'm going to school at the Naval Postgraduate School, now.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, The fort was deactivated a while back. My brother in law used some of the old family housing out there maybe ten years ago when he was at the presidio.

Naval Post graduate school? Damn, good for you brother. You are doing well.

i just chimed in since I hadn't heard much lately from you. Getting old I guess, lol.

Thank you, Dave. I feel blessed to go to school on the Army's dime, full time to earn an MS degree, have a guaranteed job lined up in a field that pays well as a civilian, too.

Yeah, I've posted here and there, but I've been pretty busy with school, and I decided I've used up my quota of bitching on here. I chose not to get on here and bitch about my latest quandary over my McLeod clutch (2.5 months and 3 returns to McLeod, 4 installations, to get it rebuilt right. I now have $4k just in this clutch). My car is friggen soap opera, lol. But, it seems right this time *crosses fingers*.

I deleted my build thread. If there's to be another thread about that car, it's going be a positive one that is not full of problems.

Lol, I dig that brother.

It has been a long haul for you, tough to do a build while active duty. It's hard on me and my butt has grown roots!

A build thread without problems huh? Ok......:rlaugh:

Interior looks original to the car. Steering wheel is the leather wrapped sport wheel, so all in all it looks like an original GT.

Those seats are the 92-93 version. What year is the car?

You're at Ft. Ord now? I was there with the 7th ID back in '83-'84 for Boy George Incursion. I had an apartment in Carmel with a buddy of mine (that's what we called them back then). It was nice when we were actually in garrison. I spent the rest of my time in a drunken stupor

Yeah, The fort was deactivated during nam. My brother in law used some of the old family housing out there maybe ten years ago when he was at the presidio.

Naval Post graduate school? Damn, good for you brother. You are doing well.

i just chimed in since I hadn't heard much lately from you. Getting old I guess, lol.

I learned all I need to know about my naval by the time I was 5. I can't believe there's a whole school for this. :nonono: