Forced Induction Bypass Valve?

Detroiit

May 27, 2014
Detroit MI.
To make a long story short at the end of last year i finished up my blower install. I have a 90 mustang with v3 kit. I upgraded to the anderson power pipe but now i'm starting to think I received the wrong pipe. Basically I need some pics of what your bypass valve looks like. My bypass valve to intake hose is kinked and no matter what or the position I cant connect a un-kinked hose! The bung on the pipe is between the 4 and 5 o'clock position. Is it suppose to be straight down? Am I suppose to remove the inner wheel well plastic? Basically Just looking for some pics of the area around the bypass valve and power pipe bung.

Thanks
Ken

ps.. I probably should of left it alone but it was bothering me knowing that it had a kink in the 1 inch hose, and I wanted to properly fix it.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a good pic for you because mine is a Paxton with a UPR powerpipe. Seems like my Vortech on my previous Saleen had the bypass hanging straight down out of the discharge tube(6 o'clock) as it is on my current Paxton settup.
You can buy proper diameter size radiator hose "coolant line" by the foot from your local auto-parts store and make your own bypass valve piping. That way you can play with the lengths to get it all hooked up just right. Take a piece of yours with you and match it up.
That's what I had to do because I'm running a Vortech discharge tube on a Novi1000 with a UPR boostmaster powerpipe. So, I had to make it happen "so to speak" LOL

A couple close up pics of yours would go a long way to help.

Best pic I have of mine:
IMG_20140525_213141_400.jpg

Here is a couple pics i took today. I tried to loosen up the clamps and rotate it as far to 6 o'clock position but it would only move to about the 4:30ish position then hit the inner fender so I removed the plastic wheel well and is only rotated a little bit more before it would be in the tires space.. So no way this pipe is meant to be at the 6 o'clock position.

This is observing it at about the 4 o'clock position"
20150314_142518.jpg

20150314_142524.jpg

20150314_132717.jpg

20150314_132745.jpg

Here is the kink. The pic does not show the true amout of kink.. While its not bad its just bothering me!
20150314_133052.jpg