C&D Not crazy about the 'vert

• Sponsors (?)

screw car and driver, nothing is to there liking. unless it says bmw on the hood they dont like it. you could take a yugo put a bmw badge on it and label it one of bmws latest and itd be a top 10 rated car. they basically jus dont like american cars period, they miss the point of every single american performance car period.

????

So you don't think the negative press has any effect on the public's view of this car? People have built this thing up to a level that is pretty unobtainable. I think the C&D writeups that are negative will have a sobering effect and take some of the wind out of the sails of htis inflated market.

The Shelby GT500 is an instant classic, but it's not a Z06, Viper, or an exotic. I like the car and will have one as a daily driver for what it is. I won't expect to take it stock and blow away everything on the road. To the extent that it derives its relative value from its real-world performance numbers, that value is slowly coming back down to earth as word spreads that this thing doesn't hover or break the speed of sound.

Chuck:D