C&L 76MM MAF Intake System - Clearance problems?

bloopbloob

Sep 27, 2006
Alberta
I just put on a 76mm C&L MAF with the aluminum true-flow intake pipe, but the pipe doesn't clear the body (strut tower?). Anyone else heard of this problem before? It's almost like my engine needs to be raised, but the mounts are good and the fan is well centered in the shroud..... any ideas?
also looking for tips on how to swap a thermostat? never done it before, not even sure where it is!

• Sponsors (?)

When I had that intake it was the same problem. At first I thought it was the intake but I tried a few different ideas to get it on a it fell into place. I actually thought about beating the strut tower with a hammer. Unless there is something major wrong you will get it to fit.

The thermostat is on the front side of the lower intake. Your upper radiator hose(that big black one) goes to the T-stat housing. Pull the upper rad. hose and take off the two bolts hoding on the tstat housing. I believe they are 1/2 inch. Then when you get it off you'll be able to get the tstat out, and make sure you put it back in the same way and not backwards. Then when reinstalling it, put a layer of RTV gasket maker on the gasket, it will help keep in place and help seal it a bit better. You then tighten the bolts, put the rad. hose back on and viola!!!

thanks for the tips! i had the basic idea of what to do, but just wanted some clarification. love this site!:SNSign: For nearly a year i've been getting most of my info off of here, and i even signed up but never used the forums. just started about a week ago. now i'm addicted! so much easier to find out what u need to know! theres always someone on here with an answer for everything! when i buy the tstat it will come with a gasket right?