c&l maf transfer file vs using stock maf transfer file

jruppert

Founding Member
Oct 20, 2001
Michigan
I know of a person that just bought a tweecer. He is using a c&l with the blue tube for 24lb injectors. He is able to run his c&l with the tube and run it with stock computer just fine, like any c&l meter. It is my understanding that it will run better with a flow sheet and ahve those numbers entered in for his maf table. Is this so? I spoke with a guy from c&l and was told that if I or anyone were to enter in the numbers from a c&l flow sheet that it will cost horsepower. Can anyone verify this? Is this true? Sounds like crap to me but I wasnt sure. I am using a pro-m setup and so I have no use with calibration tubes.

• Sponsors (?)

I am no expert here, and I hope someone will correct me, but I don't think C&L meters have a flow sheet. At least mine did not come with one. I believe that is what the calibration tubes are for. Pro M meters have the flow sheet. The C&L uses the calibration tube to work in conjuction with the stock computer settings. That is why some say the C&L's don't work very well.

That is what I always thought. When I spoke to this guy from c&l, I was talking to him about using a tuner with the meter and he did say that if I wanted one he could send one but it would make it run worse. Who knows.. All I know is if you go into tweecer there are a couple c&l maf transfers.