C&l Mass Air Meter

89Ascmclaren

Sep 24, 2016
I have found a C&L 73mm mass air meter in my garage. I don't know how long I've had it, but I was wondering how can you tell what size injectors it's calibrated for? My engine is stock so I guess I have stock injectors.
IMG_20161015_164803.jpg
IMG_20161015_164741.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

So when it said "clear tube" are they referring to the aluminum looking tube in the center? I was reading and I was wondering if the center diameter of the little tube is what they meant.? Or is there a clear/black tube hanging inside the small removable aluminum tube?

The smaller the tube the larger the injector size. Here are some tubes for example. It appears what you have is a 19# size

Color code - Inlet Diameter - Outlet Diameter
Green ------- .6500" -------.4850"
Black --------.4880" -------.4880"
Red ----------.6570" -------.5125"
Purple --------.6500" -------.5400"
Blue ----------.6500" -------.5550"
Clear ---------.5650" -------.5650"
Orange -------.6500" -------.5700"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfazBPWbz09qA1mNeNZLs3OYv2pUWzLuTMCvKPdppNRBKHs60J.jpg

Last edited:
Switch to an SDS Compurter it handles everything for fuel and ignition management. I use it on my 490 hp 306 cu/in and it works beautifully. No mass air required and it can handle turbo / supercharging if you want really good power. Just a suggestion, I say sell that mass air. You don't want to put it in anyway, regardless, because you don't know anything about it and it does cause idle issues too.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Switch to an SDS Compurter it handles everything for fuel and ignition management. I use it on my 490 hp 306 cu/in and it works beautifully. No mass air required and it can handle turbo / supercharging if you want really good power. Just a suggestion, I say sell that mass air. You don't want to put it in anyway, regardless, because you don't know anything about it and it does cause idle issues too.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Ah no, I'm all for speed density I run it with my aftermarket ecu. BUT a daily driver with nothing wrong with it should not take a step back in time. Mass Air has much better finite fuel control.

Reactions: 1 user